Board of Trustees
Livingstone Young, President
Gina Burnett, Vice President
Upcoming Board Meetings
(dates are subject to change…check EventKeeper)
The agenda calls for the Board to convene into Executive Session at 7pm (unless otherwise specified). The public portion of the meeting will begin at 7:30pm (unless otherwise specified) in Meeting Room #1. The Board may elect to re-convene into Executive Session after the public portion of the meeting has adjourned.
LIBRARY BOARD MEETINGS
Regular Library Board Meetings normally will be held on the fourth Thursday of each month at 7:00 P.M, at which time the Board of Trustees will vote to go into Executive Session. The public portion of the meeting will start at 7:30 P.M. Exceptions may occur at the discretion of the Library Board of Trustees. The Board may re-convene into Executive Session after the public portion has been adjourned.
Meetings will be noted in the Library’s official newspaper(s) to be determined by the Board at its annual meeting, posted in the Main Library at the Circulation Desk and its two Branches and included on the Library’s Website in advance of the Meeting.
Conduct of Meetings
- The conduct of Meetings shall be formal or informal, at the discretion of the Board President. All State and Federal Laws pertaining to School District Public Libraries shall be followed. Roberts’ Rules of Procedure shall be followed in the making, seconding, amending, and voting on resolutions or motions.
- Meeting Procedures
- Members of the public may speak, for not more than three minutes, on any item under discussion by the Board the in Public portion of the Agenda. Under Correspondence, only a letter writer may comment, for not more than three minutes, on his or her letter to the Board.
- All Library Board Meetings are open to the public except for Executive Sessions held pursuant to the Open Meetings Law.
- Meeting order of regularly scheduled monthly meetings to be as follows:
- Call to Order (by President)
- Roll Call
- Board Convenes into Executive Session
- Salute to Flag
Agenda Items Only
Meeting Room Requests
- Approval of Minutes
- Main Library and Branches
– Director’s Report (includes Adult Reference, Young
Adult Services and Children’s Services Reports, and
Nassau Library System Business and Personnel)
– Advanced Consulting Corp. (Business Manager)
- Committee Reports
- New Business
- Old Business
POLICY NO. 200-1
ADOPTED 2/17/1978, 1/5/1979
AMENDED 11/29/06, 5/26/11